My new book: Getting great creative work from your agency.
Available as an e-book or paperback from your Amazon marketplace:
- US and much of world (Amazon.com) >>
- United Kingdom (Amazon.co.uk) >>
- German speaking countries (Amazon.de) >>
Do your marketing agency’s creative ideas fail to grab you - or more importantly fail to grab your customers?
Are you new to working with agencies - and feel unsure how to manage the whole ‘touchy-feely’ creative process as a client? This e-book is written for you.
Getting great creative work out of your agency doesn't have to be rocket science.
Strong, innovative ideas are most likely to emerge under very specific conditions. This book gives you a clear 7-step roadmap to creating them:
1. Finding and selecting the right agency for you
2. Structuring the compensation to align their goals with yours
3. Building a strong day-today working relationship
4. Writing a razor-sharp briefing that inspires an agency to generate effective ideas
5. Recognizing when an idea is great - and how to improve one when it’s not
6. Overseeing the production to come out on time and under budget
7. Managing an orchestra of multiple agencies
Whether you're with a large or small company, a business or a non-profit, this practical advice is for anyone who’s using an agency to produce marketing material of any kind. From a humble banner ad to a social media campaign or full-scale TV commercial, a great creative idea can make the difference between success and failure.
This guide is written with novice clients in mind, but old hands will also find many of its ‘nuts-and-bolts’ hints useful. They're all boiled down from the author's 30+ years of experience on both the client and agency sides.